A Long Tradition of Excellence

Since 1874, we’ve been a leader in the manufacturing of wood and iron stair parts to create stairs that work in any era. Today, we continue to deliver superior stair part solutions, unmatched customer server and unparalleled expertise. See how Coffman has grown and evolved over the past century.

1874

Coffman Lumber Company founded in Washington Courthouse, Ohio.

1910

Coffman begins manufacturing stock stair parts.

1963

Coffman offices and major stair plant in Washington Courthouse destroyed by fire, causing move to Logan, Ohio.

1968

Woodmark Company founded as a commissioned sales representative company for wood products.

1977

Coffmans’ Marion manufacturing facility on stream at new 20-acre plant site.

1987

Woodmark began sourcing and supplying stair parts to certain US manufacturers and distributors.

2002

Woodmark purchased Stair House (a regional stair part distributor in Atlanta, GA).

2004

Woodmark International (including Stair House) sold all assets to P&F Industries, Inc.

2009

P&F Industries acquires Coffman Stair Parts and forms WM Coffman (Woodmark – Coffman).

2010

Prophet Equity acquires WM Coffman from P&F Industries.

2016

WM Coffman acquires Staircrafters Supply and expands distribution with a new facility in Edison, NJ.